Intensive Therapy Blocks
The Intensive Model of Therapy is our most utilised therapy structure. Engaging in frequent repetitions of novel exercises within a condensed timeframe, leverages the principles of neuroplasticity and motor learning.
We know that a new motor skills such as rolling, sitting, crawling and walking takes thousands of repetitions for a young child to master, and they thrive and enjoy this process of learning and exploring. If your little one is unable to functionally move due to their condition intensive therapy can help provide the conditions necessary for them to find this joy through independent movement.
Through our innovative approaches, experienced professionals, and unwavering support, we aim to empower children to reach heights they never thought possible.
At the Centre of Movement, we are committed to inspiring, guiding, and propelling each child towards a future filled with limitless opportunities and remarkable achievements.
Who is a Candidate?
- Children of all ages.
- Children with neurological conditions including Cerebral Palsy, global developmental delay, brain injury, stroke, muscle tone disorders, spinal cord injury and spina bifida.
- Children with genetic conditions affecting their movement, Down Syndrome (DS), Prader–Willi Syndrome (PWS), Rett Syndrome, PURA, STXBP1, CDKl5.
- Children with Global Developmental Delay (GDD).
- Children in need of post-op rehabilitation such as post tendon releases, Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR), Single Event Multilevel Surgery (SEMLs).
- Children that need additional support prior to school transitions.
If you have any questions about your child being eligible please don’t hesitate to call us on (07) 56369458.